How to resolve Issue ‘The file file_path\file_name.pst could not be found’ in Outlook
- When you try to move emails from sent item folder to an achieved inbox subfolder.
- When you start MS Outlook 2003 or 2007 and get this error.
- When Outlook delivers email messages to PST file.
- When you move Outlook data to another location.
- PST file where you are moving mail get corrupted or reaches to its maximum size.
- Outlook is unable to find the location of PST file due to corruption or damage.
- Outlook users get this error if PST file is located on a server and that is currently unavailable.
- If this is server problem then wait till server become available and then try to move network stored PST file to local computer
- Create a new PST file, if it doesn’t contain any important PST objects.
- If this is the issue of corruption or damage in PST file then you need to repair corrupted or damaged PST file and for this you can use Inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe).
Microsoft Outlook is most appropriate personal management tool. Tool is also not free from problem or error. Most of the user face very common error with Outlook that is --
The file file_path\file_name.pst could not be found/accessed’
In different scenario you will get this error like—
After getting this error message you are not able to access Outlook PST file.
Cause which leads for this error—
This is the issue of corruption and you need to take step as soon as possible to save PST file from data loss, stored in PST file. If you have backup of those file then it’s ok you can get back those file but if not then you have to take step to resolve the problem.
How to resolve ‘The file file_path\file_name.pst could not be found’ in Outlook
Scanpst.exe is located officially in MS outlook. It simply repair corrupted PST file and save your data and now you can access that outlook PST file. Inbox Repair tool scanpst.exe location differs from version to version. Find it its default location. If not found then search it by typing “scanpst.exe”. This is hidden file so make sure that you have enabled the option to view hidden file.
If still you are not able to find Outlook Inbox repair tool or it is not able fix the problem due to severely corruption in PST file or become oversized then to resolve this issue and to save invaluable data, you can use third party "Inbox Repair tool" which is quite good enough to resolve this issue. It is designed with advanced repairing algorithm which can repair severely corrupted PST file also without making any alteration in existing file objects. This is compatible with MS Outlook 2007, 2003, 2002, and 2000. Inbox repair tool download